The Logan Circle Community Association (LCCA) is one of the most effective and successful community associations in the District of Columbia. Established in 1972, it has achieved a remarkable record of steadily improving the environment and the quality of life in the Logan Circle area.
LCCA works to promote the civic and social interests of residents by:
- Enhancing the quality of life and promoting economic development.
- Preserving the historic, architectural and aesthetic value of property.
- Presenting the views of its membership to government and other organizations.
- Participating in charitable and educational activities.
The Association represents the Greater Logan Circle area, bounded by S Street to the north, K Street to the south, 9th Street to the east and 16th Street to the west. Membership is open to anyone who resides or owns a business or property within its boundaries.
Our 50 square blocks are rich in history, architecture and a vibrant mixture of residents and businesses. Our community takes pride in its diversity and activism, which combine to reflect the best of inner city living.
LCCA is a nonprofit community organization with a Board of Directors elected by the membership. LCCA invites you to join us in making a difference in your community.
The Association sponsors:
- Monthly membership programs on selected topics.
- Volunteer committees which provide an opportunity for members to become involved in shaping the outcomes on issues affecting their homes and community.
In addition, LCCA liaisons work closely with Advisory Neighborhood Commission 2F, ANC 2F's Community Development Committee, the Alcohol Beverage Commission, National Park Service on improvements to the Logan Circle Park, and the D.C. Heritage Tourism Coalition.
- Social opportunities for members to make new friends and get to know their neighbors.
- Frequent announcements detailing its neighborhood activity and containing a schedule of upcoming local events.